Learn how to create the conditions where people at all levels within your school team can work productively and to their potential. The Working Together course gives you an understanding of the concepts, models and tools of Systems Leadership and how to apply these to the work of your role as a school leader.
Systems Leadership explains the nature and causes of behaviour in organisations. Its central propositions concern what creates and sustains productive social cohesion and how to build a creative and positive culture. It stresses the need to be clear about the purpose of the organisation and the work required to achieve that purpose. This two-day workshop includes presentations, group interaction and school-based tasks. An additional later day can be added, to specialise in Systems Design and Systems Leadership Coaching.
At the completion of the program, participants will have the skills and knowledge to:
- formulate task assignments
- answer the three questions at work
- use team leadership and team membership steps
- design and review a system
- use the tools of leadership to create a positive culture
- understand and apply the levels of work
- use the systems leadership model of capability development.